The 2018 GFA Convention & Competition. Convention homepage
University of Louisville in Louisville, KY
- Introductory workshop on Tuesday, June 19, 9–9.50 am
- Private 30-minute lessons available throughout the week. More information
When you perform there are four things to consider: (1) the instrument, (2) the music, (3) the audience, and (4) you. This last is the most important, for the first three depend on it.
The Alexander Technique is a powerful tool for learning about you as your primary instrument. It is a method for recognizing harmful patterns of movement and thought, and learning how to undo them.
In Tuesday’s Technique workshop and the private lessons offered throughout the week, we’ll explore both the movements of everyday life and the movements of guitar playing, and we’ll learn how to connect the two. We’ll also learn how to connect them to patterns of reaction that start in our thinking. I’ll offer practical tips on how to avoid injury and unnecessary tension, and how to use your entire structure in guitar playing with more freedom.
July 23–25, 2018
Alexander Technique Wellness Booth
I will be there with members of the Colorado Society for the Alexander Technique
American Choral Directors Association—Colorado
Summer Workshops 2018
Bethany Lutheran Church, 4500 E Hampden Ave, Englewood, CO 80113
Colorado Society for the Alexander Technique members will give complimentary consultations and hands-on work to participants in the conference
August 29, 2018 · 3–9 pm
Alexander Technique for Musicians
I will be working with Heidi Brende Leathwood
Colorado Mesa University, Grand Junction, Colorado
Open to CMU music students
Sunday, June 3, 2018 · 8:00 am to 10:45 am
Parkinson’s Association Vitality Walk
I will be joining members of the Colorado Society for the Alexander Technique and Alexander Technique Denver in staffing a booth to distribute information to Parkinson’s patients and caregivers at this 16th annual fundraising walk for Parkinson’s Association of the Rockies. Alexander Technique Denver is a sponsor of the walk.
a living arts centre, 2231 S Platte River Drive, Denver CO 80223
- Move with more efficiency, grace, and coordination
- Learn about dynamic balance and postural integration
- Become aware of habits that limit your daily activities and overcome them with a lasting technique
- Discover how the conscious mind can undo chronic tension and let the body return to its natural function
- An inquiry into ourselves, establishing clear communication to create effective changes
To reserve a place, please contact Maedée Duprès at email@example.com or at 303.781.7102